TOEFL Secrets (Internet-Based Test iBT Version) Study Guide: TOEFL Exam Review for the Test Of English as a Foreign Language by
TOEFL Secrets (Internet-Based Test iBT Version) helps you ace the Test Of English as a Foreign Language without weeks and months of endless studying. Our comprehensive TOEFL Secrets (Internet-Based Test iBT Version) study guide is written by our exam experts, who painstakingly researched every topic and concept that you need to know to ace your test. Our original research reveals specific weaknesses that you can exploit to increase your exam score more than you’ve ever imagined.
Maybe you have not seen
TOEFL Secrets (Internet-Based Test iBT Version) includes:
The 5 Secret Keys to TOEFL Exam Success:
Time is Your Greatest Enemy, Guessing is Not Guesswork, Practice Smarter, Not Harder, Prepare, Don’t Procrastinate, Test Yourself; A comprehensive General Strategy review including: Make Predictions, Answer the Question, Benchmark, Valid Information, Avoid Fact Traps, Milk the Question, The Trap of Familiarity, Eliminate Answers, Tough Questions, Brainstorm, Read Carefully, Face Value, Prefixes, Hedge Phrases, Switchback Words, New Information, Time Management, Contextual Clues, Don’t Panic, Pace Yourself, Answer Selection, Check Your Work, Beware of Directly Quoted Answers, Slang, Extreme Statements, Answer Choice Families; A comprehensive Listening review including: Understanding Main Ideas, How to Interpret Anything, Keys to Voice Changes, Finding the Hidden Meaning, Developing Memory Enhancers; A comprehensive Reading review including: Determining the Relationships, Making Strategic Eliminations, Recognizing Switchback Words, Understanding Word Types, Finding the Right Opportunities, When Truth Doesn’t Equal Correctness; A comprehensive Writing review including: Approaching a Topic, Brainstorming for Success, Picking a Main Idea, Starting Your Engines, Strength Through Diversity, Weeding Your Garden; A comprehensive Speaking review including: Exhausting the Possibilities, Telling a Story, One Size Fits All, Finding the Bridges, Pausing for Success, Taking the Final Step, and much more…
Our Study Guide for the TOEFL Test Is Unlike Any Other
If you’d like to get the TOEFL score you deserve, to quit worrying about whether your score on the TOEFL is “good enough,” and to beat the test taking game, then this might be the most important message you read this year.
Our comprehensive study guide for the TOEFL is written by our TOEFL experts, who painstakingly researched the topics and the concepts that you need to know to do your best on the TOEFL. Our original research into the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), offered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), reveals the specific content areas and the essential skills that are critical for you to know on the TOEFL. We’ve taken the information and developed a study guide that is guaranteed to help you be successful on the TOEFL.
Now, we know you may be skeptical, so let us give you three good reasons we can back up what we claim:
The Three Reasons To Believe What We Say
The First Reason:
Our company’s name is Mometrix Test Preparation, and we have a team of standardized test researchers who have worked on developing our study guide for the TOEFL. The standards for who gets to work on the team are very strict- we demand the best for our customers, and only those who met our exacting standards made the cut. The dedicated research staff have years of combined experience in mastering the content and skills necessary to succeed on the toughest exams.
The Second Reason:
Some academic studies have revealed that test takers do not really benefit from the traditional test preparation process. But we knew there had to be a solution- if test takers were not doing well on the TOEFL despite high intelligence, there had to be a set of secret keys to the test that would open the door of success for these test takers.
We believe we have succeeded in finding the secret keys of the exam. What we found was surprising, and in some cases ridiculously simple once explained to the average test taker.
We put the findings together in a thorough, concise study guide that we believe allows any test taker, at any skill level, to improve his or her results dramatically with a minimum of effort.
The Third Reason:
We created the product in part because we were frustrated by the options available to test takers who really wanted to do well on the TOEFL.
A common approach is to TEACH the material, instead of TEACHING THE TEST. That’s not necessarily good enough for the TOEFL- you have to know how to apply the knowledge. Most test takers already have a general knowledge of the material that will be covered on the exam.
One reason some test takers do well on the day of the test is that they have made the critical connection between the material they learned and how to use the material to succeed on the TOEFL.
Our guide addresses the difference between merely knowing the material and knowing how to use the material to perform on test day.
You’re going to save time, money, and aggravation. You’ll learn to avoid the mistakes and the bad strategies that you’ve been vulnerable to. –Just for starters, here are some ways our product can help your score on the TOEFL…
The Exclusive Test Taking Techniques
- Explains how the TOEFL time limits are the #1 enemy of most test takers, and what you can do about it- You avoid falling into the many “time traps” built into the test, giving you an immeasurable advantage over those who go into the test unaware
- Describes exactly what you should do to determine the focus on the essays – You won’t waste time scratching your head about what to write
- Shows you super speed methods to get through the questions you know with ease – You’ll save time to concentrate on the hardest questions without rushing
- Secrets to questions that “give away” the wrong (or right) answers- You get credit for some of the questions without really even knowing anything about them
- Empowers you with a key word searching tips that will let you save more time than you thought possible- You won’t be wasting precious time anymore scouring Reading passages, but will immediately be able to find exactly what you are looking for
- Details the EXACT STUDY PLAN for the TOEFL that we believe gives the most results in the least time- No matter if you’re studying for a week or a month, you won’t waste the precious study time you have on useless activities
- Allows you to recognize critical “hedge” words – You’ll understand their significance so you’re not caught off guard
- A systematic analysis and the best breakdown into “plain language” of how to deconstruct and master tough problems- You turn the problems that most of the test takers will stumble over to your advantage
- Gives you simple explanations for those hard to remember grammatical facts – You won’t make some of these careless oversights anymore
- Learn why, when, and how to guess to your advantage. Many test takers use exactly the wrong strategy, but you can avoid the pitfalls with the help of our standardized test experts
- The secret keys to the sentence completions that “gives away” the right answer a lot of the time- You know the special “flags” and the specific “giveaways” to look for in this section
- The most efficient and accurate method for picking the right answer on the Reading test questions- You won’t be puzzled as you try to read the mind of the test question writer, but will instead know exactly what to look for to pick the best answer
- Warns you of the “fact traps” to watch out for – You won’t fall prey to these easy to miss questions
- Comprehensive reviews of each section written in some of the easiest non-technical language you’ve ever read- You get a “plain talk” refresher on the most critical areas you will need to master for the TOEFL
- Our quick problem solving method for Listening problems- You speed right through these notorious memory drainers —
- The 1-2-3-4 Method for Writing a Knockout Essay- You follow this simple method and the feared essay section becomes child’s play
Now, you’re probably wondering how and why we can do all the things we claim.
Let us explain.
Before we go any further, let us clarify what TOEFL Secrets is not. It is not a stale rehash of all of the things you have already learned in the past.
TOEFL Secrets is our exclusive collection of the tips and the information that we have specially selected to give you the best results on the TOEFL for the least time spent studying. It’s written in everyday language and is easy to use.
We cover the 5 essential skills necessary to do well on the TOEFL, plus comprehensive reviews covering the Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Structure and Written Expression tests individually.
Don’t take our word for it. Listen to what our customers say about other Mometrix test preparation products.
I purchased the Secrets file, and I just wanted to let you know that I got a 99% on my test. I just want to thank you again, and hope you have continued success in your ventures.
My name is Chris. I used the Secrets study guide for five days. The study guide made the test so easy to understand. Like you said this program is worth 100’s of dollars. To me 1,000’s!! THANKS
I just had to thank you guys for the test prep! I bought the guide as a last minute prep, I mean maybe 5 hours before the test. Like I said, I had ZERO preparation! I was nervous about the test let alone receiving the score I needed. I read the guide through only once before test time and needless to say, the only way I passed was thanks to your refresher!!
Just dropping you a note to let you know that I am completely satisfied with the product. I had already taken the test once and landed in the 75 percentile of those taking it with me. I took the test a second time and used some of your tips and raised my score to the 97 percentile. Thanks for my much improved score.
I heard about your website from a friend. I am enrolled in a review course, and in hindsight, I wish I wouldn’t have taken my review course and instead spent a fraction of the money on your program. Thank you!
You get at least 10 times your money’s worth! –When you consider what’s at stake with the exam, we believe the value of our study guide gives you at least ten times your money’s worth.
Free Download TOEFL Secrets – Your Key To Toefl Success
Rate this book
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2.5 stars
I made a high and comfortable score in my toefl test, and this book was a great part of this success. If you plan on taking the toefl, you won't regret using this to study.
By Cristhel Leguizamon
This guideis one of the best choices to help you
If you are going to take the TOEFL, specifically the IBT version this book is one of the best choices to help you. It offers a great insight of the way the test is composed, telling you what to expect of every part of it, hints on what to look for to pick the best answer, the most common mistakes and how to avoid them. As it is written in such a simple, easy way to understand, it doesn't matter if you have a very advanced level of English or you are in a rush to take the exam. Also, this study guide helps you on any other kind of exam you might take, no matter the subject as it shows the way the examinators think and what they want to evaluate, included with tips on how to handle stress, nervousness, lack of preparation and what to expect (and not to expect) if you are re-taking the exam
By marisa baraley
Great study guide
There are many TOEFL review books on the market that promise to give you “the key” to acing the TOEFL. That’s a big promise. And while it’s true that many of these books provide excellent strategies and tips for TOEFL success, the real “key” to acing the TOEFL is experience with English learned through repeated practice.So if your going to take this test I suggest you do your research on these books and you will find that this is the study guide for you. I like their practice tests and considering how they have mentally prepared my inlaws for the examination. Disclosure: I purchased this item at a promotional price in exchange for a sharing my fair and honest feedback. All thoughts are mine and unbiased.